HMS' Student Assistance Program (SAP) is an effective solution to the increasing and critical demand for student assistance services. Colleges and Universities are witnessing a dramatic rise in mental health issues and substance abuse among students. Institutions that offer counseling services are having trouble keeping pace with student needs and those without are struggling with a growing demand for those services.
When your organization partners with HMS, students facing any number of issues - depression, anxiety, substance abuse, domestic violence - are guaranteed confidential access to the professional help they need, when they need it, twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year.
Assistance for Students
- Confidential 24 hour availability to Masters level counselors
- Outreach to Off Campus Students
- Resident Advisor Training on Identification of High Risk Behaviors
Benefits for Colleges and Universities
- Reduce Risk and Liability Enhance existing student services by ensuring 24 hour, 365 day availability
- Coordinate with Campus Crisis Response Teams
- Create options for faculty and staff when trying to assist students
- Provide timely and effective intervention to assist a student in crisis
- Help students be successful in all aspects of their lives